Re: [school-discuss] Student desktop machines: cleanup on logout?

Preferably not IDE, even mirrored ones can live some half a year for ~20 users...

You are right. We use 6 mirrored/striped SCSI drives, but when our server
died unexpectedly we used a backup server with one large SATA drive which coped
surprisingly well. It was a 400GB drive and it was serving around 120 concurrent users from an Athlon64 based workstation with 2Gb of RAM. Not an ideal situation but
it kept us going until the parts arrived (2 replacement P4 cips) for our main server.
Regards,
Kim