Re: [freeqt] Re: FreeQt concerns

Joel Dillon wrote:

> > The FSF and a large chunk of the Linux crew doesn't believe the QT
> > License will remain unchanged.  Therefore troll Tech would have no
> > reason
> > to trust us.  Putting Harmony / FreeQT under the GPL would mean that
> > it's a hard fact.  Is the GPL restrictive enough or should it
> > specifically
> > state that "These Libs may not be used to none GPLd Software" ?
>
>  I suspect the GPL would be restrictive enough. But I have no wish to
> ruin Trolltech; I'm happy with any licence that forces people to
> use Qt, not Harmony, for commercial products. As long as KDE gets
> accepted as GPL by the whole Linux community I'm happy.

OK.. So this is 1 person who understands where I am coming from.
Linux and Free Software gain nothing by putting freeQT under the LGPL
But we Loose a lot of our good name by doing so.  Better to GPL this
baby.  LessTiff is a different sort of story however, since they have
always been proprietary, LGPLing LessTiff may hurt them ... IF it were
as good, but who cares ?

--
A computer without Windows 95 and Internet Explorer is likea piece of
chocolate cake without Catsup and Mustard.