Re: Some thoughts on SEUL

Gregory Bell wrote:

> DEBIAN:
> The list has been promulgating the benifits of Debian dselect.  My own
> personnel observation on it is that it is a mish-mash.  The user
> interface
> suffers from lack of user friendliness.  For those that don't have
> Debian's
> dselect it basically presents you with a screen that lists all available

I have not herd the benefits of deselt itself song so much as the
benefits
of the debian package format itself.  If we are going to do SEUL we
should
in theory use RPMs or DPKGs.  I just have one problem with the Debian
package system.  Often I download an RPM or a TGZ I will use mc to brows
my
way into the package and read the README, INSTALL Changelog and whatever
else file I find important before making the all-important decision to
splatter it all over my hard drive.
You can't brows inside a DPKG so you just have to read the LSM entry and
pray for the best.
--
"Through the firewall, out the router, down the T1, across the
backbone, bounced from satellite, Nothing but net."