Re: SEUL: Stopping dreams

Þann 17-Feb-98 skrifar Kevin Forge:
> Why ? .. There is a reason NO major distributions use XDM by default.
> It's a little broken and has a "loop of death".  If they could fix it
> easily they would have.  This means you are trying to do with a massive
> software overhaul what can be accomplished with a simple line in a
> script

  XDM is widely used as a default, in most places I've seen unix runnig with X
Windows.  And on other platforms, like SGI, they have their own version of XDM,
but in general... an XDM style login is the default for Workstations.

Orn Einar Hansen                         oe.hansen@oehansen.pp.se
                                          oehansen@daimi.aau.dk
                                        voice+fax; +46 035 217194