Re: Invitation to visit Disney Imagineering

On Sun, 01 Aug 1999 05:09:04 -0700, Robert Hopcroft <hopcroft@uswest.net> wrote:

> Ian Bicking wrote:
>
>> The HyperStudio Journal closed its doors in anger over the issue,
>> and the community around it could be in for some troubled times.
>
> It been said, "Where there's change, there's opportunity." Perhaps this is an
> opportunity to involve the HyperStudio community in the open software movement, since
> they have just seen what can happen with proprietary software.

I think this is an important point.  Ian, if you have any input to the
HyperStudio community, invite them to look in on both Squeak and on seul-edu,
and mention that we're looking to get HyperStudio-like capabilities in an open
source, cross-platform application and that we're hoping to get input from the
users of such applications on what to include and how to present various
possibilities within the constraints of Squeak.  You might also mention that
we're not tied to Squeak but are interested in any authoring tools that can
meet these requirements.

Doug Loss            Always acknowledge a fault.  This will throw
dloss@csrlink.net    those in authority off their guard and give
(570) 326-3987       you the opportunity to commit more.
                        Mark Twain