(FWD) Re: [seul-edu] practical XML handling question

----- Forwarded message from owner-seul-edu@seul.org -----

Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 13:35:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: "David C. Moore" <dmoore@mbhs.edu>
To: SEUL-EDU <seul-edu@seul.org>
Subject: Re: [seul-edu] practical XML handling question

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Roman Suzi wrote:

> Can somebody tell me what is the most efficient way to use XML
> in applications.

For AUC, I do a lot of reading and writing to XML files.  I've been using
libxml (www.xmlsoft.org), and I've been very happy with its speed.

Version 2.x has a decent XPath engine, which seems very fast.  I also use
it for event-based SAX parsing, and editing XML files that already exist.

libxml is a C API, which means that you need to write your code in C.
There might also be an API for C++, but I'm not sure.  So if you are doing
this in Python, libxml might not be a good option.

Regards,

David Moore

  David Moore       California Institute of Technology
 <dcm@acm.org>             http://www.mbhs.edu/~dmoore

----- End forwarded message -----