Re: [seul-edu] Samba is killing me.... very slowly!

On Sat, 26 Aug 2000, Ryan Booz wrote:

>What in the world could be going on?  I'm so lost.  I really have been
>through this a hundred times today and I just can't make heads or tails
>of anything anymore.  My smb.conf is below.

Probably your problem is psychological. Try NOT TO THINK  about
your problem for at least one day, then save backups,  and  try
to look at the problem as if you were some  guru.  Forget  your
old ways. Have a look at the problem from highest  altitude  it
is visible.

This technique helps me.
For example, once I spent 1 day trying  to  burn  CDROMs  under
Linux for the first time. The problem was: I had  not  inserted
blank CD-R disk! I  tried  and  tried  with  some  other  disk,
thinking that this way I will not spoil anything!
Next day morning the problem was solved in 2 minutes.

So, try to toggle every synapse busy with your problem.
(And of course don't think agressively toward Samba. It's  just
a thing. It executes your commands as an automaton.)

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
~ Russia ~ Karelia ~ Petrozavodsk ~ rnd@onego.ru ~
~ Saturday, August 26, 2000 ~ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 ~