Re: [seul-edu] Using free software after school or at home foreducation

On Sat, 26 Aug 2000, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

hi!

>Hi folks,
>
>I was wondering if parents on the list use free software with/for
>their kids to help them in education prupose. If so I will be very
>interested - I'm a parent too - to know how sucessfull they were and
>how they use the software and computer.  Actually my son is 2 years
>old and he's very found of computer but well I don't like him to use
>that so early.

Well, computer could be used at any age. My daughter  Alice  is
nearly 6 months old and the photo was taken 2 months ago (using
login program ;-) The interest is mainly in keyboard. And  also
screensavers from newest RedHat are amazing. Mouse is too  hard
to use so Windows out of question (even if I had one ;-)

Probably an app which makes different sounds on  hit  of  every
key could be even more interesting at the age of 0.5 years.

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
~ Russia ~ Karelia ~ Petrozavodsk ~ rnd@onego.ru ~
~ Saturday, August 26, 2000 ~ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 ~

alice_the_hacker.jpg