Re: [seul-edu] Linux in Elementry

I think that these would be great for schools and the Linux community alike.
At my school, the staff uses a program called SchoolWorld (Windows program)
which is a piece of vaporware handed down a line of several companies.
Schoolworld (attempts to) handles grades, attendance, dicipline, sports
schedules, and other features.  Its interface is awful, and it would be great
if there was a replacement for it.

Also, the libraries in our district are forced to use an antiquated catalog
system called DYNIX.  The server is now a black box to the techies at the ISD
and the librarians alike, so it would also be wonderful it there was a good
replacement to that.

Microsoft Money is being used for accounting (which I'm happily not involved
in) and this could easily be replaced by Kapital by theKompany.

However, in order for our district to switch to Linux, we'll need all of the
above features and more.  If this could be accomplished, it would be great :-)

Steve