Re: perl and gtk

So tell us what's really on your mind.  :)

Actually, your points are quite valid.  At the risk of repeating myself
(and you), I would like to see more attention given to *END-USER* needs.
Several educators have spoken up here in this regard, and I sense no one
is listening.  All of the discussions concerning languages, toolkits,
etc. is fine and well, but there are plenty of newsgroups and mailing
lists that cover these subjects.  I'm waiting for Doug or whomever to
get a list of objectives posted on SEUL, so I can get off my ass (as you
put it) and get to work on something I want to do, in the language I
want to do it in.

Too many software projects forget about the end-user, and take on the
desires of the program designers rather than users.  We need to listen
to the information and suggestions being presented here by those who
will be *using* the software, and plan accordingly.  Otherwise, we'll
simply be yet another geek mailing list talking about all the latest and
greatest new toys that make *our* lives easier.

Like many of you, my spare time is not in great abundance.  I think I
have something valuable to contribute to a cause I believe in, but I'm
not interested in being on the latest, still-in-beta cutting edge of
various g-prefixed programming environments because I simply do not have
the time to tackle steep learning curves.

  --Brian

--
--Brian Koontz      --