Re: [seul-edu] New educational section in GNU

    Douglas> I wouldn't mind that either, but I think the FSF has
    Douglas> decided not to link to SEUL because of our occasional
    Douglas> positive mentions of non-free software.  This is of
    Douglas> course their choice; we'll still encourage them in any
    Douglas> efforts to get Linux and Linux software into schools.

Thank you very much.

I personally know  that you have done a good work  with Seul-Edu and I
congratulate you.

As I  see it, the priorities  for GNU and for  Seul/Edu are different.
1. I think that for Seul/Edu the priority is to have GNU/Linux running
   in schools.
2. I  think that for  GNU the  priorities are  the values  behind free
   software: cooperation and freedom.

IMHO both goals are good,  and both are urgent.  However, personally I
prefer to work  harder to see GNU/Linux running  in schools using only
free software (and in that way to achieve both goals).

I really would like that Seul-Edu, GNU, OFSET, SLEC and other projects
could work  in team  and cooperate  with the common  goal of  making a
better education by using GNU/Linux and free software.  Of course that
is my personal view.

To explain better the position of  the FSF, in this moment comes to my
mind the following reading:
  http://www.gnu.org/gnu/why-gnu-linux.html

Again, thank you.

--