Re: [seul-edu] ISO Phase 3: Debian Packages

Hello,

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 16:17:50 -0600, "Darryl Palmer"
<Darryl_Palmer_Jr@acm.org> wrote:

> Do we have to make sure that if an app provides a Debian package that
> it installs under Sid?  There are some problems with some packages not
> satisfying all their requirements if you take a package made for Woody
> and try to install it on a Sid system.

Usually a recompile is sufficent for that. What we should check is that
package builds from source, it also should comply with Debian Policya nd
we can easily check that with lintinian.

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius@debian.org