PHYML: XML for decribing physical objects.

Hello,

The following is a link to PHYML (Physical Markup Language), an XML for
physics equipment (and apparently much more) developed by Georges Khaznadar in
France. This was introduced at the "Universite des Logiciels Libres" ( a
summer workshop for open source software in Grenoble that just ended (and
which our colleague Odile Benassy attended).

I think it is a very clever use of XML which can be used to store information
about physics equipment inventory as well as describing experiments with
automatic selection of alternative equipment for the job to be done.

The web page is brand new (version 0.0 :-) but already contains a significant
explanation and plenty of examples.

Bruno