Re: developing a K12 Linux distribution

I like this idea, but I would like to have things a little differently (of
course).

One pack that does this:

Pick window manager/environment (ie qvwm with gnome, or something with KDE)

Next package does this:
options to install/integrate smaller educational programs

Both of these need to be BOTH interactive via an Xsetup and scriptable in
an easy to understand scripting setup (maybe a command line configure to
create the script?).

I would like office applications, etc separate, though a program to
integrate it into the desktop environment would be good.  Unless you want
to try and work out a deal with Star Division (yes, I do prefer Star
Office, it's great for these students).  This stuff is only dealing with
appearances, my real problems right now are backend, things like printing,
etc (Almost have that one done, going to be using LPRng, etc).

				Harry