Re: [seul-edu] Re: HELP!

Dave Prentice wrote:

> 1. After weeks of effort, network printing is still not running. The Redhat
> printtool creates a printcap file that is formatted a little differently
> than the one described in the printing HOWTO. Neither version works from
> remote machines. This is a desktop publishing class with no way for the kids
> to print -- so what's the point of such a class? I haven't been able to get
> the info I need from redhat and don't know where else to turn.

I'm running Red Hat 6.2 and I have an HP Laserjet 4L.

teacher /etc/printcap should be:

lp:\
    :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
    :mx#0:\
    :sh:\
    :lp=/dev/lp0:\
    :if=/var/spool/lpd/lp/filter:

there should also be another file on teacher /etc/hosts.lpd containing

pc6a

pc6a /etc/printcap should be

lp:\
    :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
    :mx#0:\
    :sh:\
    :rm=teacher:\
    :rp=lp:\
    :if=/var/spool/lpd/lp/filter:

Finally when setting the filter on pc6a don't set eject page or you will get an
extra blank page.

Bob