Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: Computers in the classroom]

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> The motivation for seul remaining entirely non-moneyrelated is
> a) i don't want to deal with the financial/tax/legal/etc issues
> b) we're currently on MITnet, which doesn't like for-profit enterprises.
>    i want to stay very far on the right side of the line.
>
> which doesn't mean that i have any problems with party B giving money
> to party C. I just don't want to be in the middle. And I'd like to keep
> statements like "give us money" off our webpage.
>
> does that make things clearer?

Yes. The other organization (www.ofset.org ?) considered it. I think
that simple Debian CD distros (not everybody has a CD-writer or
a cable modem) would be very nice for people. Suse or Mandrake
CD would be superb.

Another point is if SEUL should provide or not GPL CD with
all Linux software for education. If you don't want to mess
 with money
you can't sell/distribute such CD's, do we need another organization?
Do normal distros distribute such software ?

Such things, like CD's, are very nice for pedestrian people, things
that people can touch and see.

Regards/Saludos
Manolo
www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina    /TeEncontreX.html   /texpython.htm
/pyttex.htm /cruo/cruolinux.htm ICQ:77697936 (sirve el ICQ para algo?)

  QOTD: "Of course there's no reason for it, it's just our policy."