Re: [seul-edu] LWCE NY proposal deadline changed!

Regarding LWCE, we seem to have several options (I'm emailing this cause it's
my feeling that most people won't be able to make it onto IRC to discuss
there):

1) Individual speaker proposals - these might be folks like Bill, Doug, and
Harry talking about their projects, and folks like Chris talking about his
experiences in the classroom;

2) Discussion panels - something along the lines of "The Business Case for
Linux in Schools" - might be good to have a university-level panel in here too.
I'd be happy to put said panels together, provided people help out with the
business angle on it, as I'm not very knowledgeable in that area. (Joe! Help!)

3) Actual presentations (like sales pitches) with slides and stuff
demonstrating how supporting Linux in education is beneficial to not only
business in general, but Linux companies specifically (teach 'em Linux when
they're young and they'll buy your Linux product later on, etc.) Again,
something I'd be happy to help out with as long as a few experts sign on ;)

In the past, proposals along the lines of (1) have been turned down, and only a
couple along the lines of (2) have been accepted (and none for LWCE SF). My
feeling is that we need to go down the (3) route more to get accepted. Sad but
true.

The other option, of course, is to blow off the LWCEs as too industry-oriented
and focus on smaller Linux conferences, education conferences, etc. The
advantage, of course, is that we're much more likely to get in; the
disadvantage is that they're nowhere near as high-profile.

Thoughts? Questions? Thrown fruit?

Jessica.

=====
* In real life, reann de l'arbre du lac is:   *
* Jessica Lee Sheffield * starlady@linux.com  *
* Linux Groupie * Education Advocate * Techie *