Signal-to-noise getting VERY low

HEY!!!  Listen up!  We are not going to start fighting.  There are reasons
why certain things are being done the way they are right now.  Yes, some of
them are not good, but that's because we aren't geared up to make decisions
properly yet.

If I had a choice, I'd halt all these discussions for a day or two until we
are:

1) done fighting
2) prepared to start discussing things and making decisions "officially"

Since I can't tell anyone to stop, I just want to make sure that everyone
*calms down* until we can get things worked out.

I would be working on getting the procedures written down and preparing the
site to accept them, but instead I have to deal with this.

***** I do not want to lose anyone.  Everyone here is very valuable to this
project.  We CANNOT afford to either waste our time bickering, OR lose
people who get fed up with it all. *****

> And I am still mad about George believing
> All his arguing in the kernel issue can be resumed to this: "if it
> comes with Debian then it is better than sliced bread".
Get over it.  I hate to be that blunt, but he has explained himself several
times since.

> And I have to say than I am absolutely against the slapping of a SEUL
> stick to Debian.  Do you think it makes sense SEUL no matter how alpha
> being a distribution with SIX web servers and the most esoteric
> progreamming languages while at the same time pathetically weak in end
> user software?
As George has already explained, he is starting with the Debian base.  He
will then put it on his FTP server for others to play with, after
repackaging it to gain the experience of building something.  He will then
start paring it down into the Core.  At the same time, others might grab
the base disks and start developing specifications for various Layers.

He is *NOT* releasing SEUL 0.0 as a mirror of Debian 2.0.  2.0 doesn't
even exist yet, anyway.  He is creating a STARTING POINT.  The exercise of
rewriting the initial screen to say SEUL rather than Debian was just that:
an exercise.  It does nothing for us directly.  It allows George to work
through the existing Debian installer to understand it.  Nothing more.

George is working on a document explaining this whole process.  It should
answer most of your questions.  If you have any more questions about the
document once you see it, e-mail him *privately* and ask him *cordially* to
explain what he means.  Otherwise *nothing* will get done.

I've said enough, and I hope I don't have to repeat it.

     Erik Walthinsen <omega@seul.org> - SEUL Project system architect
        __
       /  \                SEUL: Simple End-User Linux -
      |    | M E G A            Creating a Linux distribution
      _\  /_                         for the home or office user

===
===