Re: SEUL: What's so hard about Linux...

On Sat, 23 Aug 1997, Aldo-Pier Solari wrote:

> The bottleneck here is not a technically oriented
> computer science student but the non-technically oriented user (who
> do not know anything about hardware, cumputer jargon, OSes ... etc.).
> That's the challenge for the project.

We're attacking this wrong - we're hackers.  And, hackers are the only
people that can implement what newbies want, HOWEVER, a hacker is
virtually incapable of understanding the nature of a newbie, just as a
newbie has no idea why a hacker likes computers...  Now, we are incapable
of understanding what a newbie wants, then >>WHY<< are we trying to design
an interface for newbies?  We need to go to a win95 list, and pick out a
pack of newbies to tell us what to make.  Get them over into a list, have
them write up what they want, we laugh, and do what we can.  TTYL!

                            ---
                        Paul Anderson
		   paul @ geeky1.ebtech.net
    Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request@lowdown.com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.               Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
          http://www.netcom.com/~tonyh3/speck.html
   File not found, I'll load something *I* think is interesting.