Re: SEUL: Common SEUL/e-linux tools needed

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Loren S Osborn wrote:

> Keep in mind, that my intent for such a thing, is not to run install side,
> but to process batch jobs of package verification on SEUL's server... speed
> here isn't a concern... (As long as it's not trailing behind our future
> home Linux network server -- 20 MHz '386 w/ 8MB RAM ;)  It doen't have to
> be fast, just has to run... In fact we can run the (virtual) clock slower
> so the software thinks it's running faster, if necessary.

Check out the SimOS project, part of Stanford Flash:

http://www-flash.stanford.edu/SimOS/

It doesn't do x86 on either side yet, but there apparently has been some
interest, so maybe we could find the right people and get the rest of the
machine layers written?

     Erik Walthinsen <omega@seul.org> - SEUL Project system architect
        __
       /  \                SEUL: Simple End-User Linux -
      |    | M E G A            Creating a Linux distribution
      _\  /_                         for the home or office user