Re: SEUL: Re: Comments

Paul Anderson wrote:

> > Managerial accounting support
> >
> Do you mean "business accounting"?  That's one area Linux has a real
> weakness, that no one seems to be willing to correct.  Linux has plenty of
> software for personal accounting, but ZIP for business accounting...
> Linux could do a real bangup job of it, too...

I think there is at least one project going on to write a good
accounting package for Linux.  Read it in USENET a few weeks ago.  Also
I beleive there is a commercial app.

I for one would be willing to help with this - I've had accounting
(albeit only one college semester) and actually kinda ENJOY it....

> Maybe if you guys can list what you want the software to do we can
> actually get something done and start writing this stuff?  You guys gripe
> and gripe, saying Linux has no end-user apps, why don't we write some?!

AMEN!!!!

Currently I'm working on a multiplayer networked version of Worms.  :-)
Maybe I'm weird, but I think it sounds kinda fun.  And I'm gonna add
some new twists, such as the ability to eat a "pill" to make your worm
invisible to other players for a few seconds...and they can still crash
into you!

Also, I've been thinking about powerhouse apps.  Perhaps my next
project:

I'm thinking of a real Web database design engine, or whatever you'd
call it.  Basically, a combination of M$ Visual InterDev, Crystal
Reports, and the M$ Access user interface.  It would basically be a
front end to Apache with the PHTML module (has anyone used this??? I
haven't yet, but it looks good!) and PostgreSQL.  Hopefully it would be
easy to add custom data types and make nice dynamic data-driven web
pages.  Anyone interested???

BTW, in an earlier message you and others were talking about a Linux
advocacy organization.  I think you were talking about Linux
International:  http://www.li.org

Later!
--
"win95 n. 32 bit extensions for a 16 bit
patch to an 8 bit operating system originally