Re: SEUL: seul

On 26 May 1997 jghasler@win.bright.net wrote:

> It should work as a Windows replacement, a second OS, or a first OS on a
> blank system.

Sounds reasonable; by Windows replacement, do you mean upgrading windows
to a completely Linux-based system?

> > There should be a way to repartition the disk automatically, so that the
> > user is not left at an fdisk prompt.
>
> I see no reason why a nice front end can't be put on fdisk.

Has anyone used cfdisk successfully?

> > The user would ideally not even have to know about the existence of
> > partitions.
>
> Desireable, but I don't see how this is possible.

It depends on the system; if this is a second OS, then it would be
difficult, otherwise the install program can work out things itself without
damaging much.

> > UMSDOS? VFAT-enhanced UMSDOS?
>
> No.

I used UMSDOS once, and it wasn't too bad. This was on a 386 a long time
ago, but I didn't notice many problems. Is UMSDOS really that bad?

--
Thomas Molesworth            (thomas@bass.almac.co.uk)