Re: SEUL: Observatons

Dan Stromberg wrote:
> We should be doing an X-based install.
> You'd be amazed the number of users who won't take curses
> seriously. Over the weekend, one of my housemates said "unix
> is just like dos, right?"
>
> There are plenty of non-X-based installs around.  We don't
> need another.

I agree with this. All we need is a minimal X installation
with a VGA server, some small window manager, a couple of
fonts, and the install client. (which we would write)

Users will not take a non-graphical install seriously. Even
I would look askance at a text install, not that I have any
good reason to, but I get this gut feeling like the installer
is clearly some crude thing which I cannot entirely trust.

- Jeff Dutky