SEUL: Corsica up ... sorta

Corsica is back online but I have a disk problem. Maybe someone here can
help me with some low-level disk operation.

There is basicly a sequence of 16 consecutive sectors that are unuseable.
I have identified the files associated with some of these blocks and have
locked them up to keep them from being used.

I have information like this:

Mar 13 20:17:34 corsica kernel: hdb: read_intr: status=0x59 { DriveReady
SeekComplete DataRequest Error }
Mar 13 20:17:34 corsica kernel: hdb: read_intr: error=0x40 {
UncorrectableError }, LBAsect=8373364, sector=6194194

What I need to know is this:

1) How to determine which file is associated with a particular sector.
2) How to convert those numbers to ext2fs block numbers
3) How to add that block to the list of bad blocks
4) How to do this WITHOUT bringing the system to single-user mode as
   it is located remotely and my access is over the network.

Additional note, I am having trouble pulling a zone transfer from the
seul.org primary nameserver.  I am trying to secondary the domain but am
having no luck with a zone transfer during nameserver reload.

George Bonser
Just be thankful that Microsoft does not manufacture pharmaceuticals.
http://www.debian.org