Re: SEUL: SOTs comments

On 5 Sep 1997 john@dhh.gt.org wrote:

> > Most end-users are not only oblivious, but also angry that technicians
> > think they should care.
>
> If you despise "end users" so, why get involved in seul?

oh no, I don't 'dispise' end users at all. some are smart, some are
stupid. Doesn't make them despicable!

I just don't want to make a system which is going to be as hard as linux
currently is, cause the amount of handholding required is incredibly high.

I think most of us are programmers, and so we naturally have a very
advanced view of how computers work on the inside. I want to emphasize
that for the majority of the people on earth, the computer is a machine to
help with word-processing and emailing, and good for games.

-graydon <graydon@pobox.com>