Re: SEUL: About friendlyness

Julio Cesar Gazquez wrote:

> I think that this project is an interesting proposal, but I have an
> annoying question.
> What is the REAL objective of Seul?
> Some like a linux-kernel based version of Windows? A sad idea.
> There are a lot of things to simplify the use of Linux, but I'd like
> to say two topics about:
> 1) What is an EASY interface? A GUI is pretty, but sometimes isn't so
> easy as Microsoft claims that it is. The better interface must be the
> sense interface.
>  2) A Windows system is frustrating for me because
> there is just one way to do anything you want,  the (supposed) easy
> one. So, always must be a way for the user growing to an advanced
> (traditional?) way to work.

Read the archives on http://www.seul.org ( I think ).  This was already
discussed and basically a Simple Linux for end users means adding more
graphical configuration tools and many nicer apps.

KDE is an example of how it's done.  It has a simple Windows like
interface ( I keep preaching that Intuitive simply means you already
know how it's done ).  However KDE dose not in any way prevent you from
going to the command line or using a more powerful interface ( if one
exists ) or even from running those apps which terrify many newbies (
I.e.
Emacs ).