Re: SEUL: New Image

At 02:47 PM 10/23/98 EDT, Roger Dingledine wrote:
>Is www.debian.org considered a good layout? I have zero aesthetic taste,
>but I kind of like it.

It's not bad, but I don't like the light blue clashing with the rest.

>In any case, when i load cvs.seul.org/~cbhiii/, the entire right side of my
>netscape window is unused. I recognize this is for those people who have
>small screens, but can we get it working so it fills out horizontally to
>fill up the screen netscape gives it?

I can have it fill the rest of the screen. That's a minor thing. It will
just stretch the enclosed content.

>I think the crap about 'without a phd, without having to call tech support,
>...' is, well, crap. But that's not a criticism of the layout. :)

I agree... We'll be more realistic when we speak to visitors.

>I also get the impression from looking at the blue borders at the top/bottom
>that the blue is not actually a border around the text, but rather it's an
>accidental color leakage from the blue on the left. on the gnome site, it's
>actually very clear that there's a background design, and some text in a
>window on top of that. here it just looks like it's hacked on from the side.

Okay, no problem... but what would you recommend instead? You would like
something more enclosed for the text? Or would that not be an issue if the
bars ran across the whole screen as mentioned above?

>--roger

Chuck Huffman                      Huffman Connection Center
mailto:cbhiii-linux@ic.net             http://ic.net/~cbhiii
Mirabilis ICQ # 1224891