Re: UI: Enhance impassable terrain/damage indicator display

On 03.07.2005 21:27, Andrej Krivulčík wrote:
> On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 12:43:32 +0200, Jens Granseuer <jensgr@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > That gets us back to what we want to display. If it's just movement
> > points, then you're right. If it's combat modifiers, too, then probably
> > not.
>
> It looks like the movement cost will suffice. As the terrain modifiers are
> the same for each unit, it would be redundant to show them in each unit's
> window.

Well, the movement cost is the same for all units, too, so...

> How about implementing a help system? It would comprise of a window with a
> menu (with entries Units, Terrain, maybe some general game information,
> Combat, ...) and a submenu for each menu entry (or just some entries pop
> out). This would almost certainly raise information accesibility because
> reading 'man crimson' is a step further than just kicking in the game and
> selecting Game Info or Help or whatever...

A full-blown help system is a lot of work, and while I don't want to
rule it out for the future I don't want to tackle it right now. Anyway,
whether we create a help system or just a terrain info dialog (which
might be integrated into the help system later on), we need to answer
very much the same questions: what, where, and how.

Jens