Re: Terrain info

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 20:54:36 +0200, Jens Granseuer <jensgr@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 07.07.2005 23:31, Andrej Krivulčík wrote:
And what about displaying unit and terrain information in one window. The
terrain the unit is standing on/flying above would be somehow highlighted
and information about it would be displayed in lower part of the window
(or somewhere, the window size depends on availability/orientation of unit
portrait).

I guess that would be possible if someone came up with a nice design for it.

I gave it a try. The terrain is highlighted by overlaying the standard cursor and the "subwindows" are kind of connected. I used different font because I couldn't make the Bepa font become bold :-).

This doesn't however solve the problem of terrain under enemy units...

In that case we can just act like there is no unit on the tile at all and only show the terrain part.

My design has these parts connected so in this case we should display single tile instead of the whole row.

Andrej