Re: gEDA-user: pcb: a segfault bug in rats.c:AddAllRats()

Seb James wrote:
On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 09:40 -0800, Ben Jackson wrote:

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 05:06:37PM +0000, Seb James wrote:

max size 30000 by 30000

I think if you hand-edit the file you can make it larger. One of the first lines in the .pcb file will start with PCB and has the dimensions.

The key thing is that the elements disperse off the diagram.

It's worth trying my smartdisperse plugin, not because it tries to deal with this case in particular, but because it will pick a different order for your board that might fit in less area:

http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/ben_jackson/

I tried your plugin, which is very good and lays the components out in
much less space. I was hoping that this might act as a workaround for
this crashing bug, but alas, not. I'll just have to debug the problem
*puts on diving helmet*

Seb

I know this is sort of lame, but... what if you disperse the elements, save and quit. Now open pcb back up and load the netlist and optimize rats?

Maybe that can keep you working while we figure out what causes this.

-Dan