Re: gEDA-user: Google Summer of Code on gEDA Webpages

Hi Ben,

On Saturday 10 March 2007 22:47, Ben Jackson wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 09:53:07AM +0100, Werner Hoch wrote:
> > I'm currently drafting a better spice integration into gschem.
> > Maybe that could be a project, too.
>
> Anyone who is thinking of improving a spice GUI has got to try
> Linear Technology's free SwitcherCAD (aka ltspice).  It's the nicest
> spice I've ever used.  It's a better schematic entry program than
> most, too (and that would include Eagle and gschem).

I've played with LTSpice an hour.

Things I like:
 * the current and voltage probing (visible marks are missing)
 * all entries (simulations and voltage sources) are done with dialog
   widgets and also printed in plain text.
 * changing the model of a diode or transistor
 * the property dialog for each circuit element (right mousebutton)

Things I don't like:
 * schematic entry (selecting, moving, ...)
 * only one simulation at a time.
   This is o.k. for tinkering, but not for real work. I hate it when
   using PSpice (schematics) at work. You can't split your workflow into
   entry, simulation and postprocessing with it.

Regards
Werner