Re: gEDA-user: Google Summer of Code on gEDA Webpages

On Sunday 11 March 2007 11:20, Ben Jackson wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 11:02:33AM +0100, Werner Hoch wrote:
> > I've played with LTSpice an hour.
> >
> > Things I like:
>
> I also like:
>
> - The continuous graph update during calculation

I don't think that this is required.

If you have a small circuit you can run it in one step.
If you have a large circuit you have to run it overnight.

Yes, it looks nice and it is fun if you can watch the simulation
progress. (But I'm not payed for that in my day job.)

> > Things I don't like:
> >  * only one simulation at a time.
>
> Is that true even if you open multiple schematics?

No, no. I need a simulator where I can specify lots of simulations to
the same circuit.

If you have a simple transistor amplifier circuit you'd like to know:

* the bias point (maybe with the temperature as parameter)

* small signal ac analyses (with different parameters)

* large signal ac analyses (maybe with fourier analyses)

* step response

* behavior when using the circuit at different loads.

* and many more.

Usually you're testing any simulation one by one with low simulation
resolution and run all over night with high resolution.

Regards
Werner