Re: gEDA-user: Looking for a project

On Saturday 31 March 2007 14:30, Andy Peters wrote:
> Give me drivers for my existing NI hardware, and you've got a
> deal!

NI has a track record of being hostile to free/open-source.  One
point that bugs me is that some of their products are derived
from free/open-source software, and they give nothing back to
the community.

Example: Multi-sim (formerly Electronic Workbench).  It's really
just spice/xspice under a fancy wrapper.  With a little work in
the right places, we could have something superior within a
year.  We have most of the pieces.  Some of our pieces are
superior to theirs.  What we lack is the integration.

Considering where gnucap is going, we could be so far superior
as to render Multi-sim irrelevant, if we take care of the
integration issues.