Re: gEDA-user: pcb, howto get plain rats lines instead of circles

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 12:41:26AM +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:

> Ben, as you know the Polygon code better than most, I'd appreciate your
> review of those patches if you get chance.

I do mean to try them, I've just been a little busy.

> Is there any reason why the existing code picked out and worked with
> rectangular polygons only?

If you look up in GatherSubnets you'll see the initial connection lists
only add rectangular polygons.  You probably saw my commented out
'IsPointInPolygon' when you made your change.  I did that because I hit
the same problem you did (holes) and since the GatherSubnets only put
rectangular polygons in anyway I took the easier way out.

> Should I commit my two patches?

If I remember you said you fixed IsPointInBox by writing the obvious
code without supporting radius.  I wouldn't want to leave that trap in
there for someone else to find -- much like I tripped over the original
bug.  If you removed the radius argument altogether that'd probably be
fine.

If you are getting via-rats over arbitrary polygons with your changes
I'd like to know how it's working!

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>