Re: gEDA-user: improve PNG output quality

Stefan Salewski wrote:
> Am Montag, den 20.10.2008, 12:00 -0700 schrieb Joerg:
>> OO does not import EPS files well, sometimes not at all.
>
> I am really surprised that OO has (still) problems with important vector
> formats EPS and PDF. Including measurement data as bitmap graphics in
> scientific papers, diploma and PhD-Thesis is a crime in my opinion. So I
> will go on using LaTeX.
>
> Thanks for reporting this!

Personally I think this super-duper-quality requirement for scientific
papers is overblown. I use 300dpi PNG format almost exclusively in my
business docs and some of those go straight to the board room. Even with
20:20 vision you can't see any difference to professionally printed stuff.

In the old days (OrCAD SDT and Word-5 for DOS) I used HPGL which was
really nice. But that has fallen from grace and most text programs can't
even import it anymore. AFAICT gschem cannot generate it either.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.