Re: gEDA-user: PCB a bad name ?

On 9/20/06, David Griffith <dgriffi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So, how can I get an up-to-date gEDA suite installed installed through Debian's packaging scheme without switching the entire machine to unstable and/or breaking stuff. I tried and wound up with a mess.

One way is that you can build the package yourself on stable branch after getting sources from unstable. You will have to look at debian/control file and satisfy the build-depends: field with the versions of packages you have on your stable system.

Certain people maintain 'backports' of packages that way.

--
 Ramakrishnan - VU3RDD