Re: gEDA-user: Hm...not much improvement

Stuart Brorson wrote:

We do strive to make gEDA accessible to newbies.  However, experience
shows that we can't make everybody happy. ..

We do work towards user friendliness, but since the program is used by
people who live on the command line, we don't always incorporate every
point-and-drool feature which total newbies allegedly want.

I have been a gEDA newbie and still am not an expert, but I can say that gschem is by far the most efficient and friendliest electrical CAD I've seen, be it free or commercial. I have just finished evaluating "yet another macro package for Autocad", which makes Autocad just barely usable for capturing schematics, and costs around $4000. Thank you; give me gschem instead.

Alex

Ing. Alessandro Baretta

Studio Baretta
http://studio.baretta.com/

Consulenza Tecnologica e Ingegneria Industriale
Technological Consulting and Industrial Engineering

Headquarters
tel. +39 02 370 111 55
fax. +39 02 370 111 54

Lab