Re: gEDA-user: PCB a bad name ?

> What is that one missing?  I had thought the GTK one more complete,
> but...  sounds like I need to switch to get speedy moving of large
> groups of layout.

The lesstif GUI doesn't have all the "clutter" that the Gtk one does -
no layer buttons, no tool buttons, etc.  Instead, it has tear-off
menus.  Choose the ones you want, and tear them off and position them
where you want.

The lesstif gui uses pcb-menu.res to control the menu, key bindings,
and mouse button bindings.  It looks in the current directory first,
then in ~/.pcb, then the installed version.

The lesstif GUI also has four different "flip" options - vert, horiz,
no motion, and rotate 180 degrees.

 I tend to have a custom pcb-menu for each project, depending on what
I'm doing I'll bind less-used keys to macros and things. For example,
my gedasymbols directory has '[' bound to a selection->element macro,
and ']' the reverse, and working projects often have "rotate element
under pointer" bound to right button.

To use the lesstif hid, just use "./configure --with-gui=lesstif" to
build pcb.