Re: gEDA-user: free-open workarounds similar to SolidWorks

Rob Butts wrote:
> Hey John,
>
> I spoke to a local vocational high school's drafting department who couldn't
> wait to get their hands on this project.  I gave them the measurements of my
> backrest and they are running with this.  It gives their students a chance
> to work on a real project, to help the disabled and to use the more advanced
> features of their software.  I couldn't beat the pice since it's free!

Oh.  That's just "free as in beer", not freedom.

It's sad you didn't try out ideas here before sending that expensive
first job to the machining job shop.

And besides us, there are plenty of artist machinists you could talk
with about fabbing one off shapes, they're just on different lists
related to emc2, small milling machines, etc.

JG