Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb deleting almost all elements

DJ Delorie wrote:
> Could we reduce the overhead by something like this?
>
> UpdateElement(refdes, libname, description, value, [X, Y, Ang])
>
 > If the refdes is missing, it's added.  If it's present, we check
description
 > and value against the old ones, and replace it (in place maybe?).

I think we need to provide some hook about the lib search path to
gsch2pcb.  Currently gsch2pcb has its own mechanism for calling m4 and
seeing if it worked and also traversing a footprint search path.  I'd
like to maybe have a way to let gsch2pcb tell pcb "here use this path".
  The problem with moving to libname today is that no one has schematics
that support it.  Although maybe the thing to do is if libname == ""
then we fall back to a search path type approach.

> We also need NetList(Clear) and NetList(Add,pin,pin[,...])

instead of just telling pcb to reload the netlist?

> As for the writing-out, that's an export HID :-)

true.  The BOM export should have 90% of what we need.

-Dan