Re: gEDA-user: a pcb level panelizer tool

Hmmm... re-reading the thread, we are mainly talking about a regular
panelizer.  Too many threads!  ;-)

Why panelize in pcb?  It covers the drill file.  it lets you edit the
panel before printing.  It's free and we already have it.  You can
panelize more than one layout onto a single panel (you can't do that
with plain step and repeat).  You can edit the boards while they're
in-panel (for example, I tweak drills before printing).

Panelizing by editing the gerbers is difficult to script, too, and a
pain to maintain.  It's like trying to make corrections to a document
by editing the postscript output.