Re: gEDA-user: Driving the netlist from PCB (instead of gschem)

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 05:42:58PM +0200, Bernd Jendrissek wrote:

> I can still see how to do this fairly easily for swaps of equivalent
> inputs on the same functional unit / slot, but could one extend such a
> pin-swap database to handle swapping of whole slots at a time?

I can think of several cases:

Microcontroller:

1.  You need any GPIO pin.
2.  You need any GPIO pin with a feature (interrupt, PWM output, ...)
3.  You need an analog input, preferring the analog-only pins but
    possibly accepting a GPIO/AN pin.

FPGA:

1.  You need any IO in a bank or several banks.
2.  You need an IO with a feature (DDR, CLKIN, ...).
3.  You need any diff pair (IOx_N and IOx_P go together).
4.  You need a group of 8 DDR pins and the associated DQS.

Discrete logic/opamp/res array/etc:

1.  You need a group of inputs and outputs (one gate).

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>