Re: gEDA-user: Driving the netlist from PCB (instead of gschem)

[I'm not really a big XML fan, FWIW]

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 6:43 PM, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "industry support" for xml is like "industry support" for zip files.
> It's not the syntax that's important, it's the data structure within
> it.  Just because we're using XML does NOT mean that other XML-aware
> programs can understand it.

If schematics were just a blob of XML, they could specify an XSLT
stylesheet for web browsers to use.  You could then publish your
schematics as plain static files, and the XSLT magic in browsers that
understand that could transform the schematic into pretty trees,
perhaps even decorate the branches and leaves with javascript stuff
that would let you interact with a schematic, over the web.