Re: Mixminion Network problems.

Marco A. Calamari wrote:
> Hi Colin,
>
> People that use 7.1 do that because they use debian server
>  and .deb binaries.
>
> Maybe it is time to find a new debian maintainer for
>  mixminion. The 8.0 package ask for a lot of totally
>  unnecessary dependecies that make it impossible
>  to install it on both sarge and etch.

Peter is the maintainer. The mixminion package was removed from etch before
etch was released because it was considered to be too unstable. Since then
Peter has released a mixminion package for etch at
http://asteria.noreply.org/~weasel/mixminion/

> Mantainyng servers not using easily updatable
>  Os and application is very time consuming.
> I and other from PWS started tu update oru nodes,
>  but with so muc time it will be a long process.
>
> Anyway this necessity to update was unannounced till
>  few days ago.

True, we announced the new version as soon as it was available because it
fixes one of the most common bugs that make servers stop.

It's been over a week since it was announced, I don't think that is too
short a time to send a reminder to the list and to the remops of dead nodes.

So far I've had two email bounces for messages sent directly to mixminion
remops. This is not a good sign.

regards,

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin@xxxxxxxxxxx  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those
that don't.