Re: [tor-talk] Tor and Financial Transparency

Juan Garofalo:
> At 02:14 PM 8/29/2013 -0700, you wrote:
> >This conversation is a little tired.
> >
> >The tinfoil hats are going to see any funding of Tor by the US government as evidence that Tor is really a front for it and/or pwned by it.
>
>         So if facts can't be denied, and basic principles of politics and economic 'incentives' can't be denied, the best course of action is to call any critics "tin foil hats".
>
>         I get it. It's a very amazing...non-argument.

Seriously? How long have you been on this list?

We discuss methods of subverting the NSA/GPA/key theft adversary every
time it comes up here. It turns out this is actually a hard problem. It
also turns out we're not doing *that* bad.

Unless of course you believe that all the leaks through Tor were
sanctioned and/or orchestrated by the military industrial complex. In
which case, can I just say "Scoreboard, plz?" I think I can still say
that here. We'll see... Avenge my death? ;)

Anyway, I would ask that you attempt at least one of the following:

1. Respect our efforts on this front. We're doing our best with what we have
2. Provide citations to support your conspiracy theories of Tor's subversion
3. Find better meds
4. Go fuck off

Pick one. Or more. Whatever.

--