Re: [tor-talk] Hiding stuff

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012, at 23:37, proper wrote:
> But what will never change is, the more anonymity/privacy/security you
> want, the more technical knowledge you'll need. We'll continue to
> provide loads of additional information to make it even more safe.

Could you make it as slim as possible? I can't say that's the fault with
this project, but with most OSS today. I think the source is the fact
that the developers all live in developed countries and have a good
reason to have powerful hardware to help them in their daily jobs. On
the other hand, the way Tor is used today means resistance in some poor
country so hardware is an issue or being on the move, thus portability
is important. And that translates into less kilos and more battery life.
I am aware that means making the life of the development team more
complicated. But for the gateway there could be some tiny distribution
that does not need much memory and power. And the desktop as well.