[school-discuss] MySQL in classroom

I am going to be teaching a High School computer course this fall, and one of the components I want to cover is databases and in particular SQL queries.

I am going to use MySQL for my DB both because it's free and it's what I already have familiarity with.

What I am wondering though is does anyone have, or can point me at a large collection of data to populate the DB? I am thinking access to a DB with a thousand+ entries maybe a couple tables etc. Something interesting that the kids could query but large enough that they can't calculate anything by hand.

Anybody have a DB I can snag?

On a related note anybody else teaching MySQL and would be willing to share their resources?

Thanks,

Scott
Scott Sherrill
Technology Coordinator Hancock Public Schools
Hancock, MI
http://www.hancock.k12.mi.us