Re: [seul-edu] Simplified End User Linux

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Justin Zeigler wrote:

>   May I encourage that we re-spawn the existing SEUL-EDU as a
> new independent group with a focus of Anything Open Sourced for
> Anything Education. I feel that we could get VALinux or some
> other Linux power to host a site. I would be willing to chip
> in the cash for this new group to get a domain. Also I would
> help on site and page layout if needed.

Funny that you should mention VALinux.  I know for a fact that they plan
to spawn a site http://education.linux.com very soon.  In fact, the
education.linux.com hostname is already active as a virtual host.  Their
original plan was to get the site going mid-January, but I guess they are
a bit delayed.  I suggest that we get involved with them, because we have
a big opportunity to shape the direction of that site.

Looking at the "Staff" page of linux.com, I found the following
information:

education.linux.com Project Manager:
Chris Lehmann <ChrisNYC@linux.com>

Maybe we should contact him.

Regards,

David

  David Moore       California Institute of Technology
 <dcm@acm.org>     http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~dmoore