Re: [Computerbank] more standardised install discussion needed ASAP

On 27 Nov 2001, Craige McWhirter wrote:
> This is before we even get into the technical merits of the sampled
> discussions (BSD/Linux, KDE/GNOME) we also have realise that is a matter
> of horses for courses. An "institional" roll out would probalby be more
> suited to KDE while individual or less structured installations may be
> suited to GNOME due to the better suite of application available for
> GNOME.

You can run GTK and Gnome applications quite happily under KDE and vis
versa. The choice of applications do not limit the choice of desktop
environment. The only issue is a that a few more libraries may be
installed and running.

Dale.