Re: Background, second draft

Tuesday 2004-02-17 01:45, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> On 15.02.2004 23:57, Dave Fancella wrote:
> > I've got another draft of the history of Nexus written.  :)
> >
> > I left the Kandelians as they were, still waiting to hear from everyone else
> > about them.  :)
>
> Everyone else seems to be pretty shy...

Oh,Oh,Oh,... it is not true :p
Simply being overwhelmed by those incoming mails, look at these threads,
be honest, I don`t have any idea where to start with when my mail client
says "you have 31 unread mails, downloading now ..."

And still, I don`t have any idea what I should say...

Only an idea, keeping room for some independent factions is good, I
agree, if there is no small factions, then it would be only battles
between two or three major organizations, and if there is any small
faction, there maybe could be a weapon that only a clan have at the
start, and after the player has completed a mission taking over the
technology or making an items exchange could the weapon be used(built)
in later mission. Should be good for introducing a new unit I suppose.

> > But as with all good things, the Empire came to an end, leaving as
> > its sole memories the dating system and the observatories.
>
> Up to this point the story may have been retold by an unbiased
> historian, but here you add personal judgement.
>
> > The western portion of the continent adopted a series of democracies
> > not unlike the European Union of old.
>
> The western portion of what continent? No continents have been
> mentioned so far.
>
> > own. Seeing this barbarism, the Kingdoms of the East decided it was
> > time to intervene, but crippled by their own sharply factionalized
> > society, they quickly became entrenched in a war that wouldn't reach
> > its conclusion.
> >
> > The former People's Republic of Kerlo managed to overthrow their Tyarin
> > overlords and establish a new democracy.
>
> The change here is pretty abrupt. One second the Tyarins and KotE are stuck
> in a war, the next Kerlo won. Huh? Easily solved by adding "In the end,
> the former... themselves." or so I guess.
>
> > They went on to conquer the Island of Tyarin, where they were able
> > to solve most of the problems that had originally motivated the Tyarins
> > to war in the first place. Claiming to know that the fabled city of
> > Allantha existed within its borders,
>
> Where? In old Kerlo, or on Tyarin?
>
> > they declared themselves to be the
> > sole government of Nexus. This new force began moving across the main
> > continent towards the Kingdoms of the East. When the two armies finally
> > defeated the last of the Tyarins, they faced each other across the battlefield.
>
> I thought they had already defeated the Tyarins on the mainland?
> Maybe my map image is wrong. If you have something like this:
>
>     ~          \                                 /
>           ~     \                               /
>      ~       ~   \                              |
>      ----------   \       Kerlo                 /
>     /          \ ~ \                           /      KotE
>    |   Tyarin  |    \                          |
>  ~  \          /     ------------------        \
>      ----------   ~             ~       \        \
>
> and Kerlo broke free of the invaders, they went west, won, came back,
> and won again? Against whom?
>
> > Nexus began to stabilize itself again as the war finally ended in
> > the year of 2437.
>
> According to the story so far there is now only the Republic of Nexus
> left. While it's probably good to have a major player I think we should
> still leave a little room for some independent factions. And thus we
> return to the question of continents...
>
> Jens

 PChome¥æ¤Í~~©¯ºÖ¤Ñ¤Ñ¦³ \*^o^*//
 http://love.pchome.com.tw/